The Gas Heat Pump (GHP) takes advantage of an “environmentally friendly”, clean, low cost fuel and works with a new zero ozone destruction coefficient refrigerant. The GHP allows a significant reduction in running costs by using Natural Gas or LPG. It also makes energy saving possible and thus, global pollution prevention.
Each kind of demand can be satisfied by choosing within a wide range of easy to install outdoor and indoor units. The chance to use existing piping again allows this system to be suitable in old installation replacement projects. The GHP is the best system to improve the comfort of each kind of living space (home buildings, offices, hotels, industrial buildings, etc.).
GAHP Line AR Series
Cooling and heating with a unique gas fired high efficiency unit.
Robur GAHP-AR is the first air-source water-ammonia absorption heat pump. By using natural gas as the primary energy source it supplies hot water up to 140 °F or chilled water down to 37.4 °F. The same unit is suitable for heating or cooling by reversing the absorption cycle, using the outside air for heat rejection in cooling mode and as a heat source in heating mode. The gas efficiency at rated conditions is 126%in heating mode. As a general efficiency feature,in moderate climate areas(about twice the heating load versus cooling load) the gas savings during the heating season can offset the gas consumption normally required during the cooling season. The AR series offers a wide variety of convenient applications,for instance: air conditioning systems for light commercial,industrial and residential use;single unit for both heating and cooling with low electrical power consumption; gas-based heating and cooling systems in order to achieve electrical peak shaving.
Use: Heating and Cooling alternatively
Type: Air to water
Heat transfer fluid: Water
Heating capacity: 120,400 BTU/h
Cooling capacity: 57,700 BTU/h
Renewable energy percentage contributing to the total heat output: 34
Heating efficiency: 126%
Cooling efficiency: 60%
Outlet water temperature: 37.4 °F / 140 °F
Main applications: High efficiency low temperature heating, air conditioning water system
Main advantage: Savings up to 40% in operating costs in comparison with the best gas fired boilers, thanks to the energy recovered from a renewable source (air).
• Single Phase Power.
• One Single Unit and System with one single fuel supplies hot or chilled water.
• The prevailing use of gas reduces the need of electric power by approximately 87%in comparison with electric compression units (0.75 electrical kW for 120,400 BTU/h heating and 57,700 BTU/h cooling);
• No need to increase electric power demand.
• For application requiring standby power, the electric generator size and electric output will be lower.
• High Reliability due to few moving parts inside the unit.
• Easy Maintenance, similar togas fired boilers.
• No Water Consumption. No need for cooling tower (no problems associated with legionella).
• No use of Harmful Refrigerants.
• Outdoor Installation.
• Patented reversible absorption cycle.
• Air source/cooled heat exchanger with single row aluminium fin coil.
• Evaporator/Condenser-Absorber tube and shell tower geometry made of stain less steel.
• Refrigerant accumulator to optimize refrigerant volumeinside the evaporator relative to operational conditions.
• Axial fan with thermally protected motor drive and safety protection grid.
• Premixed gas burner.Stainless steel multiple gas type with ignitor and flamesensor device controlled by an electronic ignition box.
• Microprocessor control. Printed resin electronic circuit with LED display. Ensures optimum operation of the absorption cooling process while allowing easy access of unit data for preventative maintenance and diagnostics.
• Optional Direct Digital Controller (DDC).A single device to fully manage and control Robur units.
• Built-in safety and control devices, comprised of water flow switch; sealed circuit safety valve and safety bypass valve between high and low pressure side; generator high temperature limit switch with manual reset; antifreeze control system; redundant gas valve;microprocessor control with LED readout to assist with maintenance and service diagnostics; flue temperature limit switch with automatic reset to avoid overheating.